There is no end to the widespread debate about the television industry vs. the Bollywood industry. The actors working in both industries have their struggles. The switch from television to films is difficult. Yet these artists have made this possible.
Let’s have a look at 6 TV Celebrities who are now a part of Bollywood:
- Mrunal Thakur – Mrunal Thakur made her television debut in 2012 with Mujhse Kuchh Kehti. Yeh Khamoshiyaan. She then appeared in the popular TV serial Kumkum Bhagya as Bulbul, which made her a household name. Mrunal made her Marathi film debut in 2012 with Vitti Dandu, followed by Surajya opposite Vaibbhav Tatwawdi
In 2018, she made her debut in Bollywood with the film Love, Sonia, which explore the life of women in the sex trade. After which, she appeared in Super 30 opposite Hrithik Roshan, followed by Batla House, Ghost Stories, Toofan, Dhamaka, and Jersey.
In 2022, she made her debut in Tollywood with Sita Ramam opposite Dulquer Salmaan.
- Mouni Roy – Mouni began her television career with Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. She subsequently appeared in Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev, Junoon – Aisi Nafrat Toh Kaisa Ishq and Naagin. She had a long career in television before switching to Bollywood, making her Bollywood debut in the 2018 film Gold with Akshay Kumar. She was also a part of Romeo Akbar Walter opposite John Abraham, Brahmastra and others. She is currently filming for the The वरGIN Tree.
- Ankita Lokhande – Ankita Lokhande made her debut in the television industry with Ekta Kapoor’s popular show Pavitra Rishta. She was paired opposite Sushant Singh Rajput and then Hiten Tejwani, this show made her a household name. She is frequently identified by her character, Archana Deshmukh. She made her Bollywood debut in 2018 with Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi alongside Kangana Ranaut. She also appeared in Baaghi 3 opposite Riteish Deshmukh and is currently filming for Swatantra Veer Savarkar.
- Hina Khan– Hina Khan made her television debut in 2019 with Rajan Shahi’s popular show Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, in which she played the role of Akshara Singhania. She finally left the show after appearing in it for about eight years. Then, in 2018, she resumed her role as Komolika in the remake of Kasautii Zindagi Kay. Later, she had an appearance in Naagin 5. Eventually she turned to cinema and made her Bollywood debut with Hacked in 2020. She is currently filming Country of Blind and has previously worked on Unlock, Wishlist, and Lines.
- Shantanu Maheshwari – Shantanu Maheshwari made his television debut with the popular show Dil Dosti Dance on Channel V. He played the role of Swayam Shekkhawat, becoming a household name. He also played the lead role in Girls on Top. In 2022, he made his Bollywood debut in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Gangubai Kathiawadi opposite Alia Bhatt.
- Vikrant Massey – Vikrant Massey first appeared in the television show Dhoom Machaao Dhoom, followed by Dharam Veer, Balika Vadhu, Baba Aiso Varr Dhoondo, and Qubool Hai. He made his Bollywood debut in 2013 with Lootera. He later made appearances in a number of movies, including Chhapaak, Lipstick Beneath My Burkha, A Death in the Gunj, Half Girlfriend, Dil Dhadakne Do, and many others.